Albion Motor Car Company Ltd
Albion Motors was a Scottish automobile and commercial vehicle manufacturer founded in 1899. The company was based in Glasgow, Scotland, and was known for producing reliable and durable vehicles.
Albion Motors started off as a bicycle manufacturing company, but later diversified into the production of commercial vehicles such as trucks, buses, and fire engines. The company also produced passenger cars, but these were not as successful as their commercial vehicles.
During the First World War, Albion Motors supplied a large number of trucks to the British Army, which helped to establish the company as a leading manufacturer of military vehicles.
In the 1950s, Albion Motors became part of the Leyland Motors group, and later became a subsidiary of British Leyland. The company continued to produce commercial vehicles until the 1980s, when it was merged with Leyland Trucks.
Today, Albion Motors is no longer in operation, but its legacy lives on in the many vehicles that it produced, many of which are now highly sought after by collectors and enthusiasts.