The Columbus Buggy Company of Columbus, Ohio was a large and successful producers of horse drawn vehicles. In 1903,
they entered the newly introduced automotive industry with an electric car which was marketed as the Columbus Electric. Expanding even further, in December of 1905 they purchased a gasoline automobile company operated by the Bramwells in Springfield, Ohio. The product was a high wheeler with a 72-inch wheelbase and powered by a two-cylinder, air-cooled 10 horsepower engine. It had a reasonable price tag of $750 which made it attractive to a wide audience.