Veritas was a postwar West German builder of sports and racing cars. The company was founded by Ernst Loof, Georg Meier, and Lorenz Dietrich, who initially re-built and tuned prewar BMW 328s. Using components supplied by a customer, the company transformed 328s into racing cars, which went on to become the German 2-liter champion in 1947. After only a few cars were produced, the name was changed to Veritas due to objections from BMW. The production of complete cars came to a halt in 1950, with the company continuing until 1952 making bodies for Panhard.
This German sports car was restored by the owner's father starting with a complete, original chassis. It's BMW 328 inline 6-cylinder engine with side-draft carburetors and 4-speed manual transmission have been retained as-built. New coachwork was constructed to faithfully represent the original. It is estimated that 30 were built with about 25 surviving to this day.