Automobiles G.A.R. opened in 1922 in Clichy, a suburb northwest of Paris, and initially manufactured cyclecars with air-cooled 2-cylinder engines supplied by Chapuis-Dornier. Later G.A.R. began to produce sporty voiturettes for motor racing. Four G.A.R.s were entered in the 1926 Bol d'Or 24 hour race and all finished, proving their reliability. In 1929 the company moved to more expensive facilities, where larger vehicles with 8-cylinder, 1,375cc racing engines were produced. G.A.R.'s were only built in small numbers and production ceased in 1934. Today there are only two or three of these small French roadsters left in the world.
Source: Conceptcarz, En.wheelsage, Flickr, other