This Lagonda was first registered by Lt. Marten of Wimborne, Dorset as a black saloon 2-axle rigid body sports car with license CKW444, on August 16, 1938. It is believed that Mr. Marten retained the car until May of 1950, when it was sold to a fellow military man, Cpt. E.S. Coppen of Polzeath, Cornwall. Several owners followed over the years, until February 4th of 1957, when it came into the care of the current family. The American owner purchased only the original engine, chassis and frame without any of the body panels. He tasked Dick Brockman of Vintage Car Specialist with rebuilding the car. It was given a body that was designed by Brockman and the owner in the style of the French coachbuilders of the 1930 era. The work began in October of 1990. Aluminum was hand-beating over wooden templates fitted to the chassis. After completion, it was finished in royal blue. The engine was fully rebuilt without modification and the Lagonda was given a tan full leather interior and racing tires.